Reply by 1StopBedrooms

Resolved
It has been brought to our attention that your order has not shipped out on time. Please accept our apologies for any troubles this has caused you. Most of our customers receive their order within the average time frame of 3-4 weeks. Customers are normally notified immediately in the event an order is on nationwide backorder from the manufacturer. Under normal circumstances we will work with the customer and offer an incentive for the delay. We were notified by the manufacturer that your order had shipped out a week later than expected. As a courtesy we went ahead and issued you a full refund back to your original payment method. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with, thank you.
Author's
Style and Design

Update by user Jan 23

I posted this complaint to the New York, NY BBB and after 2 weeks the business responded and refunded me the whole amount.

Original review posted by user Jan 08

No communication on order status, poor customer service, and ridiculous fees. Over a month after placing my order, nothing was happening and my order on their website was still listed as "processing".

I tried to email them to find out what was going on but after a week of no response I called. The first day I called I waited over 10 mins on hold, then a woman picked up and asked me to hold again. Another 5 mins passed and she asked if she could call me back, I said yes. She never called me back.

So I called again the next day. I waited over 10 mins for someone to pick up and again was placed on hold. This time she got back to me and informed me the provider couldn't fill the order for at least another 2 month. I can't understand why I had to do so much work to find that out, and why they didn't let me know what was going on, but okay.

So she suggests I choose a different set. I ended up finding one that was more expensive and that I didn't like as much, but what else could I do, I needed a bedroom set for my mom. I had to call them back up and place the order over the phone, I couldn't do it online. Then another month passes, and again the order status still says "processing" (Btw they state it should only take 48 hrs to process).

At this point I'm fed up, I wait till the weekend so my husband can join me and we go to our local store and order the original set I liked and they will have it to us within a week! I say yes, let's do it. As far as I could see online nothing in my status changed like the first time to make me think cancelling would be an issue. Before we left I tried to call but guess what, you can't call or even leave a message on the weekends at 1stopbedrooms so I had to wait until Monday to call and cancel.

I called on Monday and again waited 10 mins for someone to pick up. I let the woman know that I was looking to cancel and she asked why. I let her know my situation and she said she needed to speak with a manager and put me on hold. I wait on hold for another 5 mins and a guy picks up.

He never identified himself as a manager, I thought it was just another person answering phones so I let him know my situation and that I'd like to cancel. He told me that I can't cancel and that it's already in transit. He said I should call my local store and cancel that order. I was astonished.

I had already been waiting over 2 months for a set, and I had to change my original order, choosing something I didn't like as much and having to pay more! And now he's telling me to cancel the order with a company that is actually able to fill the order. I asked how I was supposed to know the order was in transit as online it says "processing". I was told it says that because of the original set I choose.

How is that my fault?! That's something that they should have updated. And I couldn't even get a hold of anyone on the weekend to call and find out. I was told again I cannot cancel and that if it were cancelled then a 30% restocking fee and shipping back would be charged to me.

The manager, Mr.

Joseph Harris as he identified himself, after I asked, claimed to be the highest manager there and that there was no one else for me to talk to. I cancelled the order, and am now paying half of the total cost for NOTHING but Aggravation and a horrible experience.

Review about: 1stopbedrooms Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.