Reply by 1stopbedrooms

Thank you for bringing this your issue to our attention. I sincerely apologize for and we understand your frustration. I personally have reached out to the delivery carrier making them aware of this instance with the driver assigned to your delivery so this won’t happen in the future. We appreciate your business and will make every effort to ensure all deliveries are seamless.
Author's
2.5
Style and Design

I ordered a sectional sofa from 1Stopbedroom on 2-20-2017.Almost immediately, I received a confirmation email for my order, stating it would be delivered in 4-6 weeks.

Just as immediately, my credit card had been debited the 1500 bucks. Anyways, included in the email was delivery type "Free White Glove Delivery (Inside Delivery; No Setup)". No big deal... the delivery guys will bring it inside and all I'll have to do is unwrap, assemble some feet, and place where I want.

Two days later, I got another email asking me to contact them to verify my shipping address; I shipped to an address other than my billing address. This actually seemed good on their part as they were verifying that I am who I say I am and not some credit card scammer. Well... today is 4-26-2017 and I just took receipt of the sectional.

It took 9wks and 2days from the time of order placement. The amount of time it took would not be so bad if there was some sort of communication between 1Stopbedrroms and the customer. Since the phone call to them regarding my address verification, I heard nothing from them until April 11th, which was them responding to an email I wrote them earlier that day; asking to be updated on the status of my order. The email I received was essentially a standard automated email when you make an inquiry.

Basically, it says it may take up to 72hrs for a customer service rep to respond. I waited 5 days (120hrs later (April 16th)) before I emailed again to ask to get a response to my previous inquiry. Later that day I received an email stating that my order had arrived at the local delivery carrier and it may take 5-7 days for them to deliver (expect a call). I was happy that it seemed this whole ordeal was coming to an end.

However, I never heard from the delivery service until 4 days later on the 20th (which was a Thursday) and they said they are in my area only on Mondays and Wednesdays. Well, I work and had a meeting on Monday so I had to go with Wednesday (the 26th (10 days after the local carrier received it)) which gave me time to arrange my work schedule so I could be at home to receive the delivery. Perhaps this should get its own complaint but the delivery service was not at all what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I knew I would have to unwrap, assemble anything needed, and put my furniture in its permanent location but my invoice clearly stated "inside delivery; no setup".

The delivery service "Justo Delivery Services" was driving through my apartments when I was taking out some trash. I flagged them down and told them where to park the truck. My apartments are gated but you can access the driveways (just not the doorways). So, I opened the pedestrian gate nearest my apartment and propped it open.

The back of the truck was no more than 50' from my front door and they started taking off the first piece and set it down in front of my door. I figured, at this point, they were just getting everything down and staging it. Well the second piece was a bit awkwardly shaped and they had trouble getting it through the gate. The older guy of the two (both of which spoke limited English) said "I am sorry, you have standard delivery, I will leave it here”.

I am fine with working and carrying heavy items but if two able bodied men can't move this piece through the gate, how am I supposed to do it myself. Besides, my invoice stated inside delivery, not "standard delivery" (which is to the residence threshold or nearest access point only, based on Justo's site). So, I got involved and began to lift the piece above the fence. The piece maybe weighed 60lbs and the fence is only 6' high.

One of the fellows began to help as the piece is awkward to pick up by oneself. After the 30 seconds needed to get over the fence, I asked the guy if he was serious and told him that it's not that difficult. He again stated that it is standard delivery and he is not required to bring in to my front door. I guess he had a change of opinion as he got the final two pieces to my door, at least.

And as they removed the last two pieces I moved the first two pieces into my apartment by myself. After all was done, I gave them each a cold bottle of water and 5 bucks. I actually went to the store to get cash earlier, just for that purpose. I was initially thinking I should tip $15 each, until I realized they were there to do the bare minimum.

I probably shouldn't have given them anything at all, after all I muscled all four pieces into my apartment by myself, but I was raised better than that. In the end, I did receive my sofa and a relatively good price but I don't think I will be ordering from 1 Stop Bedrooms anytime soon. The lack of communication is frustrating. If I ever have to contract a delivery service myself, I certainly will never utilize Justo Delivery Services' services.

1% extra effort and they could have placed the sofas in my apartment.Perhaps it is a breakdown of communication between 1stopbedrooms and Justo but, All I know what I see on my invoice is inside delivery.

Review about: Justo Blanket Wrap Delivery Service Home Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Product selection, Price but you get what you pay for.

I didn't like: No customer service, Poor delivery service, Lack of communication, False claims and promises.

Had an Experience with 1stopbedrooms?