Reply by 1stopbedrooms

We’re really sorry to hear about what happened. I’d like to make sure mistakes like these don’t happen again. We understand you are not happy and have previously offered to exchange the damaged furniture with replacements. There are a couple of photos posted which show how the furniture was painted. Distressed furniture may have intentional spots, scratches, and/or marks intentionally made by the manufacturer. Any of these marks are not considered defects or damages. I'm showing a replacement dresser and nightstand have been ordered and delivered to you. I have also put a claim in with the delivery carrier requested any cleaning expenses should be covered on our end. Once again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Author's
2.2

Update by user Dec 03

I am not sure where the previous comment received his/her information from.I have not received a dresser, and I do understand simple marks, but as I have explained- the wood has splits in it, you can see the splits- photos show the splits...

some of which there was an attempt to cover through a paint job :( Additionally, the panel has a slit in the fabric of the headboard, along with the chips. Furthermore, the furniture that I do have, was put together wrong!! Nothing has changed to resolve this issue to date 12-3-17!!! Return the full price paid or replace the furniture.

I know damaged furniture when I see it!!I did not pay for an order for it to be delivered damaged.

Original review posted by user Nov 03

I purchased a bedroom set from this company on Sept.2, 2017.

I did not receive it until approx. Oct. 9, 2017. The furniture received was damaged.

The bed headboard and footboard had chips, paint blushes to cover up damaged areas in the wood, and scratches; The Dresser's corner was off, it had scratches, missing painted areas, and side panel damage; The dresser's mirror was scratched and chipped; the nightstands drawers would not align properly to close and there were scratches on the nightstand; the trundle for the bed is weak and not secured to slide. The company was contacted and took the dresser back the day of delivery. They stated everything else would have parts replaced, instead of exchanging out the bedroom set completely (which was my suggestion-since it was suppose to be new). The replacement items turned out to be worse than the original items.

The company claims what a consumer may see as damage is not what a company considers damaged. They refused to replace the items again or exchange the complete bedroom set- stating they did not want to end up with extra furniture trying to get it to my satisfaction. I then requested a refund of my full purchase price if quality furniture could not be sent... They refused to refund the cost, and then stated they would at a 30% restock fee, then refused again.

I have not received the dresser and the furniture on hand is not only damaged but was assembled incorrectly. Now the footboard has splits in it, as well as a chipped area, as well as horrible painting of the furniture. Both posts on the footboard are chipped and poorly painted, the headboard is chipped in another area with panel damage.

Additionally, paint is on the floor from one of the furniture pieces that was being put together.It is new carpet, none of the walls are white to try and say it came from something the owner did.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Provide quality furniture or refund full amount of costs rendered..

I didn't like: Staffs attitude toward the situation, Paying a lot of money but receiving poor quality furniture, Staff unwilling to provide contact info for boss, Staff being unwilling to replace damaged furniture, Length of time it is taking to receive the furniture.

Had an Experience with 1stopbedrooms?