Reply by 1stopbedrooms

Thank you for bringing this your issue to our attention I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We take pride in offering not only the lowest prices but the best service in the industry.
The items must meet the following criteria to qualify for our Best Price Guarantee in which your item did not fall within the policy stated online. There are many furniture companies online that simply lower the price of the item and mark up the difference with a shipping cost. Our prices shown are the final prices in which we don’t tackle on any additional shipping fees. We try to maintain the highest standards of service while abiding by our price match policy terms which is stated below. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused in which we will offer you a onetime $50 coupon code for any future order you may wish to place with our company.
• The product is not a closeout, discontinued or clearance item.
• The products must be identical (quantity, brand, color, etc.)
• The price includes in home delivery with setup and applicable sales tax.
• The product is in stock and available for immediate shipment from the competitor.
• The advertised price is from an authorized online store.
• The price is a published price and/or you have a written quotation from a competitor.
• Verbal price quotes are not acceptable.
• Coupons cannot be applied with an item that has been submitted for price match.
• The Low Price Guarantee cannot be applied to previous orders.
• Due to the high shipping minimums of our superior shipping service, the price match policy is only effective for items over $899 per item.
Author's
1.8
Style and Design

According to their website they offer "best price guarantee". Not exactly true. I did alot of research and found the furniture set I was going to buy on a different website for $350 less than what they were selling it for. I called the number they gave on their site for best price guarantee. The customer service was so rude! The first guy I talked to, after I told him that I found it at a better price, literally said "So what?". So I told him they said on their website that they'd match the price. He continued to argue with me. I read word for word what they said on their site and he tells me that it doesn't say that and where do I see that. So he finally goes and talks to his manager and comes back saying they'll give me the price but I have to drive to New York (from Alabama) to pick it up, they won't ship it for me. So I said fine, I found another website that has it for $260 cheaper. He looks it up and confirms and decides to give that price to me. So I go online to order it and try to get the promotional $50 off Sale they're running and it won't work. So I call customer service again to find out why I can't get the $50 off like the website is offering. A lady answers the phone and is twice as rude as the first guy. She starts off acting like I asked a dumb question and tells me that I can only have 1 promotional discount (apparently their price match guarantee is considered a promotional discount? I thought it was a guarantee?). I tell her that their website doesn't say that and their website is misleading. She responds angrily and rudely "Well Miss, we've been doing this for 14 years and never had a problem with it ". I respond "You've never had a problem with it because you're customers cannot do anything about it." To which she angrily replied "Well I'm sorry you feel that way, and it's your choice of you want to be a customer."

Wow. Did I just talk to Customer Service? This company should probably hire Customer Service Representatives who actually LIKE people. Maybe being rude on the phone works for people who live in the New York area, but for the rest of the 49 States who don't communicate that way, they should probably hire those with nicer mannerisms than yelling at people, being sarcastic, and acting like they are doing ME a favor by even talking on the phone with me.

So I hung up and bought my furniture from Appliancesconnection.com - which was the store who already had it for $260 cheaper than what 1stopbedrooms had theirs for. They're located in New York too, but their service rep Adam L. Was very nice, pleasant and great to work with.

Oh yeah, a few hours after everything I received a marketing email from 1stopbedrooms saying they'll give me a "guarantee of 10% cheaper than any other store's price". Yeah right!

Review about: Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with 1stopbedrooms?

Comments

I agree. Not everyone likes to be treated like NY trash.

comments