Reply by 1stopbedrooms

Thank you for bringing this your issue to our attention. I sincerely apologize for and we understand your frustration. I personally have reached out to the delivery carrier making them aware of this instance with the driver assigned to your delivery so this won’t happen in the future. There are sometimes an instance where the driver can get held up in traffic or spend more time at a previous stop which was allocated to him. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with our business. Your happiness is our number one priority. Once again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Author's

I ordered my furniture on 6/7/16.They said it could take up to 6 weeks to receive it.

They didn't tell me that until after I had ordered it though. It was a really good deal on a lot of furniture so I didn't sweat it too much. A few days after ordering I received confirmation that it had been processed for shipping. A few days after that I received notice it had shipped.

I though, awesome, this is going to get here fast. I was wrong. I received nothing after that. All communication stopped.

After 5 weeks had gone by I finally emailed customer service with my order number to see what was going on. They assured me it was in transit to the distribution center. I don't know where it was coming from but they must have been moving by horse, one piece at a time. After 2 more weeks I still had not heard anything so I contacted them again.

They said it was just a few days out from being at the distribution center. A week later they finally called to tell me it was ready to be shipped. The lady told me I was scheduled for delivery between 9am - 1pm that following Friday. I told her I could not do that time and I needed to change it.

She said that was not possible as the truck was coming from Dallas and to change my delivery time would throw the whole route off. I said, I thought you were supposed to schedule a time that's convenient for me? She said, no sir we just deliver goods, we don't schedule a set time. Plus you did not pay for the company to set the furniture up, only to deliver it.

I asked her what would happen if I was not available at that time? (seeing as how it had been 12 weeks since I ordered my furniture) She said they would deliver it and just leave it outside for me to pick up. I said, oh so anyone driving by can just take it? She said, I hope that does not happen to you Sir, but we will drop the furniture between 9 and 1 this Friday at your delivery address.

If you would like, we can call you when the driver is 30 minutes away. So basically I had no choice but to miss work and wait, or leave and run home to meet the guys. They called me around 8:45 the morning of delivery and said they were 30 minutes out. I went home immediately.

They did not show up until 10:15. Little longer than 30 minutes. They also would not do anything outside of unloading the furniture and setting it in my driveway. I didn't want them to bring it inside and set it up, but at least roll it into my garage or up to the front door so I can drag it in myself.

They said they could not do that, then it hit me. I didn't pay for the set up service which is an additional $100 or close to it. I paid for them to simply drop it off, which is exactly what they did. In my driveway.

Refusing to roll it another 15 feet into my garage or up to my front door. What a load of ***. 12 weeks to get my furniture. Hour and a half wait, missing work.

This place sells furniture cheap, but it's not worth the hassle waiting for it and living out of boxes and giving up more time waiting and hoping they get there when they say they will.Spend the extra money and buy from a local furniture store.

Review about: 1stopbedrooms Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with 1stopbedrooms?